DuPont Veterinary Center
We love your pets as much as you do!
October – Animal Safety & Protection This month (and every month) is a time to recognize safety measures you should take to protect your pet and ensure they are healthy. Check out the below safety tips:
- Be proactive. Keep all your pets up to date on immunizations.
- Pet-proof your home. Remove or secure choking hazards and toxic chemicals. Make your home pet-friendly and safe.
- Identify your animals. Place tags securely on collars and even label collars with your contact information. If you have more uncommon pets, take pictures in the event they get loose.
- In a disaster, have a plan. Who will be responsible for locating each animal in the house? How will you transport them? If it is a fire, human life takes priority. However, place decals on windows and doors with the number of humans and each kind and number of pets residing in the home. Keep them up to date.
- Learn basic first aid. Caring for your animal at home will prevent a minor injury from becoming severe. Always call your veterinarian if you are unsure.
- Know your animal. If your animal’s behavior changes, watch for signs of illness. Is he injured or spent too much time in the heat? Contact your veterinarian before giving human over-the-counter medications.
Prescription Refill Request NoticeIf you submit a refill request Monday through Friday it will be addressed within 24 hours of the request. If your request takes place on Saturday or Sunday our team will address your request on Monday and aim to fill it by Tuesday. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.
Submit Refill Request
Wellness ExamsYour pet can benefit greatly from regular wellness examinations or checkups. Whether your pet is a youngster, a “senior citizen,” or any age in between, wellness examinations provide an excellent opportunity for us to conduct a thorough physical examination and develop a health profile for your pet. This information will help us identify medical problems...
VaccinationsPets today can live longer, healthier lives than ever before—in part because of vaccines that help protect them from deadly infectious diseases. Over the years, vaccines against dangerous diseases have saved millions of pets and virtually eliminated some fatal diseases that were once common. Unfortunately, many infectious diseases still pose a significant threat to dogs...
MicrochippingEach year, thousands of pets go missing, and many don’t make it back home. Many pets (especially indoor pets) don’t wear collars or tags. Even if your pet wears a collar and identification tag, collars can break off and tags can become damaged and unreadable, so these forms of identification may not be enough to...
Years in Existence
Our Clients Love Us!
The customer experience here is like no other. We needed a vet same day and called several vet offices. DuPont offered to squeeze us in and help us 1 hour after calling. They genuinely seemed to care
Incredible care! Been taking our yorkie here since 2018, and haven't had a single negative experience. The staff clearly adores their pawed patients by going above and beyond to meet their needs. We'r